Monday, December 28, 2009

Nacreous


nacreous: of or resembling mother-of-pearl

Isn't this pretty? I mean, everyone has seen shiny pearl stuff like this before, but has anyone ever seen it so green? I always thought of mother-of-pearl was purplish and swirly. I don't know. I just love this color!

I can't really think of any good prompts...but here's one that *might* be okay.

Oysters aren't all that glamorous on the outside, but on the inside, they can look like this. What else has a boring exterior, but is just bursting with [character? beauty?] on the inside?
(Yes, I know it's really lame. I told you it *might* be okay...)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, J, it's Shannon. Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one? The one with the story? If so, yes. I'm just being lame and not writing back yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine, be lame. I'll send the updated version sometime later, as I've edited it significantly since I last wrote. By the way, you should check out my blog.. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people are oysters. Most have stories, like pearls, that await if you are patient enough to listen.

    ReplyDelete