Sunday, December 13, 2009

Baccate


baccate: having berries; berry-like

Am I the only one who loves Summer for its desserts? I mean, come on. Blackberry cobbler with vanilla icecream? Grandma's apple pie? All of those fruits that are amazingly ripe during the Summer? Makes me wish that it wasn't just during then (instead of now, in the dead of winter, when all berries are incredibly overpriced). Oh well.

Prompt: What is your favorite *childhood* memory of summer? dessert? spending time with family? (yes, yes, i know it's one of those "dime a dozen" prompts, but hey, it fits with the picture!)


PS: I'm sorry I haven't kept on schedule with these posts! I'll try to do better (hopefully)...

1 comment:

  1. When I was younger, we spent each summer at Grandma's house in Eureka. Dave and I were a handful and I'm not sure how she kept us all in line. But one of may favorite activities was when she handed us a pot and said if we could fill it with blackberries from the patch in the yard, she would make a pie! It was always a temptation: eat the berry or put it in the pot?

    ReplyDelete