Monday, November 30, 2009

Cinnabar


cinnabar (it's a color, can you guess what it is?)

......

Have you guessed? It's red crystalline mercuric sulfide pigment (deep red or scarlet color). I didn't get it right. I believed it was a cinnamon color (like, well, cinnamon!). Oh well...thanks Phrontisery! Don't those cinnabar (the compoundish thing) beads look amazing? I would love to own a strand of them... They're so detailed!

So now, here's the *optional* writing prompt (for those of you coffee shop open mic goers). Where would you find these? In a royal jewelry box? Hidden away beneath the floorboards of a barn (ooh, wouldn't that make a cool story...). You decide.

1 comment:

  1. To me, they look like those fancy soaps that you buy at The Body Shop. So I would likely find them in our bathroom where they would look beautiful but I would be too afraid to touch them. Then my inner 4 year old would overpower my super ego and I would try and see if they tasted like cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete